Our work is driven by a passionate and open group of staff & volunteers from our community.
Friendly faces from our community
Our Core Team
Our volunteer Core Team members work together with the support of a lean and dedicated staff team who to coordinate our collaborative initiatives. Membership in the Core Team is open, non-hierarchical and in a constant state of renewal. People step in and step out depending on their own interests, availability and what is happening in the Collaborative.
Some of the organizations that have taken part recently include:
- SKETCH Community Arts (Toronto)
- Grassroots Youth Collaborative (Toronto)
- Thinking Rock Community Arts (Sault-Ste-Marie)
- Children’s Peace Theatre (Toronto)
- Young Diplomats (Toronto)
- Youth Action Network (nation-wide, based in Toronto)
- The New Mentality/Children’s Mental Health Ontario (province-wide, based in Toronto)
- Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health (province-wide, based in Ottawa)
- CatalystsX (nation-wide, based in Toronto)
- The Arts Council of Sault Ste. Marie and District (Sault Ste. Marie)
- Motivate Canada (nation-wide, based in Ottawa)
- AVNU (province-wide, based in Toronto)
- Studio Y at MaRS (provincial initiative, based in Toronto)
- NORDIK Institute (Sault Ste. Marie)
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Laidlaw Foundation
- Several students and youth organizers
The full network includes over 200 grassroots youth-led initiatives, youth-serving organizations, and youth-friendly funding bodies from across the province, representing a range of sectors, cultures and geographies. Our members are innovators in a variety of youth-serving fields, including mental health, physical activity, anti-poverty, and anti-discrimination (such as homelessness, racism, gender inequity).