Young people know how to light the fire for change.
How do we keep it burning?
YSI Collaboration Camp 2014:
Stoking the Fire of Social Change
November 28-30, 2014
YMCA Cedar Glen Outdoor Centre
Social change starts with a spark: a great idea or a sense of purpose that we gather around. Join us to discover how to refuel the fire.
YSI Collaboration Camp is a 3-day gathering of young change-makers, adult allies and youth organizations in Ontario who are making real and positive social change in their communities.
We come together to learn, celebrate, and deepen relationships to amplify our individual and collective impact in the world. You’ll learn tools and skills, build deep connections with other innovators and shakers, and be inspired to keep making good things happen.
You should come if you are…
- A young organizer committed to making a difference in your community.
- Adult allies, funders, policy makers, and youth serving groups supporting young leaders making change in their communities.
You can expect to...
- Deepen your individual and collective capacity to work across difference & diversity on the challenges you are facing.
- Learn about collaborative and creative approaches and skills to building and strengthening networks.
- Increase your awareness of the systems for supporting youth organizing and engagement.
- Take part in fun outdoor activities in a beautiful setting.
3:00 pm, Friday, November 28 - 3:00 pm, Sunday, November 30
Collaboration Camp will take place at YMCA Cedar Glen Outdoor Centre - situated on 263 acres of countryside of the beautiful Oak Ridges Moraine and Ontario Green Belt, and within 1 hour's drive of Toronto.
Early bird rates are now on!
Young Organizers / Unwaged: $75
- For young people and others who are not yet earning enough wages to cover full registration costs.
Full/Organizational Rate: $150
- For those making sufficient wages to cover this rate
Please see our REGISTRATION PAGE for more details on costs.
Registration includes 2 nights accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. All rooms are double occupancy (two per room), with limited single rooms available at an increased rate.
Early bird deadline is October 24th -- at which point prices will increase to $100/200.
Under 18 participation: All ages are welcome, but if you are below 18, you must be accompanied by an adult from your home organization or community. Please contact email@example.com before registration.
Really want to attend but can’t afford the full cost? We aim to create a gathering where all are welcome, regardless of financial means. If costs are a barrier, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will do our best to help you attend.
Limited travel subsidies are also available for people coming outside of the Greater Toronto Area. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Support a young changemaker to attend! For those with additional means (including organizational support), we welcome donations to subsidize part of the participation/travel of a young/ un-waged attendee. Details on the REGISTRATION PAGE